Friday 19 February 2016

Birchbox



I've heard a lot about Birchbox and my heart gives a little flutter every time they post something new and pretty on Instagram, but until the other week, I was yet to give them a try.

Hello pretty!!!


Birch box is a beauty service where a subscription (starting at £10 a month plus £2.95 P&P) gets you 5 little beauty treats delivered to your door every month. You can set up a monthly or annual subscription' your card is billed when your next box is sent and you can cancel at any time, though I have a funny feeling that getting a box of goodies every month will be come addictive. Who doesn't love getting parcels in the post? And these are guaranteed pretty ones with beauty goodies in them! It's my shallow idea of heaven right now! SIGN ME UP!!! After you register, you also fill out a detailed profile about your hair, skin tone, beauty concerns (erm, yeah, ageing was the one I ticked), skin type, your style (classic for me)....pretty much everything so that your box can be catered to your own tastes. This beauty profile can be updated at any time too-useful for when you're bronzed in the summer or pale, chapped and flakey in the winter!

I discovered Birchbox whilst on a Manchester roam and in Selfridges. I was just about to head to the Bobbi Brown counter when I came across a Birchbox pop up shop. it was slightly different to the online set-up where you get random surprises in your box, but this little old counter meant you could pick 6 products to try. I was in heaven again! It took a while mainly because I was spoiled for choice but I came away with plenty of goodies  and a voucher for £5 off my next box, meaning it was inevitable that I was going to get an online subscription.

The products I chose were lush too:

1. The jelly pong pong Caribbean sun duo bronzer- cannot wait to get this on my cheeks in the summer. Hello bronzed, golden cheek bones!




2.  Mirenesse Glossy Kiss in Cheeky Kiss- a gorgeous lip balm with a really strong tint to it. Has the colour intensity of lily but feels like a balm. I've been wearing it since I got it.

3.  Nude ProGenius Omega Treatment Oil- I'm definitely buying this one again. I use it a couple of times a week under my usual Olay night-time face cream and my skin is looking fabulous.



4.  Rituals Honey Touch Body Cream- yeah....pretty much all used up. Smells divine and leaves you feeling like a supermodel beaut.



5.  Macadamia Professional Moisture Shampoo in weightless- not tried this yet. For a sample, it's a de net sized bottle, much bigger than a travel mini, and I'm probs going to save it to pack for my honey moon so I can look like I've stepped out of a salon rather an the pool. Bring on the swishy hair!!!

6.  This Works sleep plus pillow spray - a lavender pillow spray that helps you sleep through the night. Nearly all gone, smells divine though I'm not quite sure it's the pillow spray or the glasses of red wine that are helping the to sleep so well at the moment.



So is Birchbox worth it? Well I've set up a rolling monthly subscription to see what other lovelies I can bag (plus I might as well do it now just in case I have to take a pay cut- you'll know what I'm on about if you read my last post, which also happens to be here). If you're a product junkie like me, I would definitely give it a whirl. You get to try a range of things you normally wouldn't and if you do like them, you can get the full size products from the Birchbox shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment